As with anything I eat, my dog Darcy wanted a bite. It was hard to say no to those puppy dog eyes, especially since I am going back to college tomorrow and won't see her for months (cue the sobbing).
With the season of resolutions upon us, it seems like everyone wants to eat healthier, and this meal is perfect for the health-concious. Avocados are brain food and contain healthy fat. Even better, this recipe is extremely satisfying unlike a lot of health foods!
So here's the recipe for my lime and goat cheese avocado toast! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- Half an avocado
- 4 thin slices of a baguette
- Half a lime
- Goat cheese
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- Toast the slices of baguette in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Slice the avocado half into several pieces, and place the avocado slivers on the bread. Use a fork to mash and spread the avocado evenly across the pieces of bread.
- Squeeze a little lime juice on each piece of bread, to taste. Sprinkle on sea salt for flavor.
- Garnish each piece of toast with goat cheese.
- Dig in!